In general, jewelry wears different for every individual, there are many factors based on your pH levels, sweat acidity, oiliness and humidity that affects your jewelry. When wearing your For Adélie jewels every day, the jewelry comes in contact with the top layer of your skin, which often has a lot of dirt, sweat, oil, and other chemicals. Therefore, over some time, your jewelry may get to look darker, and that is due to the many layers of dirt, chemicals, etc. that are transferred from the skin to your jewelry. However, our jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and with proper care it will last a lifetime.
• Showering: Be careful with non natural bath products that contain harsh ingredients.
• Physical activity/working out: Sweat is very acidic and can harm your jewelry. To make them last longer, always take off jewelry when doing any form of physical activity.
• Beach/Ocean: Salt can affect the look of your jewelry, give them a quick rinse with normal water after having a dip in the ocean.
• Swimming in the pool: We recommend taking your jewelry off when entering a chlorine pool since chlorine can negatively affect the look of your jewelry.
• Sleeping: Jewelry can snag or even break if you are a non-restful sleeper.
• Cleaning the house: We recommend taking your jewelry off when cleaning/using harsh cleaning products.
• Daily use: Always put on jewelry last after perfumes, body creams etc. When putting on creams, remove your rings and jewelry on the body.
Contact with chemicals in beauty products always negatively affect the wear of your piece. We recommend to clean your jewelry once a month under warm water. Once they are dry, a quick polish with a tarnishing cloth will restore the shine back to most gold filled and sterling silver pieces.
• Storage: Humidity is the enemy; keep it dry! Store your goodies in an air-tight plastic baggie.
• Sterling Silver tarnishes when it comes in contact with oxygen. The best way to prevent this is by wearing your silver jewelry often.
• The oils from your skin will help prevent tarnishing. When storing your silver pieces, use an airtight ziploc bag. This will prevent the tarnishing of unworn pieces.
• If you do see some tarnishing, you can polish it with a jewelry polishing cloth
• Perfume, hairspray & other types of lotion may contain harsh chemicals that can tarnish your jewelry overtime.